Monday, February 15, 2010

A Celebration

         A Celebration

 It has taken me a while to appreciate the Christian holy days. As a Pentecostal we tend to not acknowledge the traditions that have been set before us. Allot of this is do to not wanting to be like "Rome". But as I  look at Lent this year I am thinking about  what does it mean to be Pentecostal.  I know that between the two Lent and Pentecost Sunday is 40/40 day event. These two seasons are different from Christmas because at Christmas we seem to limit our thinking to the birth of Christ and the Second cooming. We do not see the complet product like we do in Lent and Pentecost. Yet what does it mean to be Pentecostal do we really know what we have experienced or have we experienced what we know. In other words are we living it out daily letting people see the Spirit of Christ in  us.
Being Pentecostal is a Celebration of the Lordship of Jesus Christ, knowing that He is alive, and lives today.
As the  old Hymn says "He walks with me and talks with me He tells me that I am not alone"

No comments:

Post a Comment