Wednesday, February 24, 2010

2 Chronicles 7:14

When do we pray 2 Chronicles 7:14

2 Chronicles 7:10 And on the three and twentieth day of the seventh month he sent the people away into their tents, glad and merry in heart for the goodness that the LORD had shewed unto David, and to Solomon, and to Israel his people. 11Thus Solomon finished the house of the LORD, and the king's house: and all that came into Solomon's heart to make in the house of the LORD, and in his own house, he prosperously effected. 12And the LORD appeared to Solomon by night, and said unto him, I have heard thy prayer, and have chosen this place to myself for an house of sacrifice. 13If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people; 14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
 
If I shut up heaven, pestilence among my people, strange weather happenings.

As I write this I see several things happening and happening fast. From gay rights, goverment contol of  health care, H1N1, winter weather. These things appear to be out of control and people feeling very violated. Can we as a nation and humble ourselves before the Lord and seek His face.

The Gospels do not speak of this verse directly, but when things do go wrong the New Testiment does speak to us about the need of peace when we are troubled. John 14:1 Also the word of God speaks of how that nothing can separate us from His love. In addition, we see that we can do all things through Christ that strengthen us.
But when we look at whats going on, Instead of seeking the Lords face, I see that we are allowing things that should bring us to our knees, bring us too depression and despair more than any time in my life.

Just a reminder, Praise shakes off the heavyness of depression. He is always with us.

Romans 8:24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? 25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it. 26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. 28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.


  1. Please visit our home church directions can be found at http://www.lifiegrowingstrong.com/ if living or visiting the Tulsa OK area.

No comments:

Post a Comment