Tuesday, January 4, 2011

One of the simplest truths of scripture is that God see's us as if we have never sinned. Yet as I was growing in my relationship with the my Lord. I started hearing about the word Rapture and the taking away of the Saints. Mostly reading the book of 1 Thess. Also my Pastor was teaching on this at the time as well, by the way the word Rapture is a biblical concept from the Latin Vulgate yes the word is not found in most English translations. But as the summer of 1976 moved on many times I thought  the Rapture had taken place. At one point I even called Christians that I knew and I could not find them, which created even a larger fear but as we know the Rapture has not taken place. As I studied the word of God I found out that this fear can be healthy bringing us to a place of holiness, and teaching us who we are in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment