Monday, March 29, 2010

We Know That His testimony is true

We do know that Jesus Lives but do we really know it? John 21:24 Netbible, This is the disciple who testifies about these things and has written these things, and we know that his testimony is true. There are many other things that Jesus did. If every one of them were written down, I suppose the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.

I came to know Jesus as Lord on June 14 1974, during a Nicky Cruz crusade in Madisonville Ky. At that time the kids in the youth group was preparing to spend the night at the Methodist Church in town. The youth director was asking for councilors for the crusade and overnight stay. I was wandering why I was not asked to become a councilor. At this in time my life I was reading the New Testament reach out addition of the Living Bible, I had even prayed the sinner’s prayer in the back. However, I never let other people hear me tell other’s of who Jesus is as Lord. I was riding my bicycle the afternoon of the Crusade and in a loud voice weather audible or in my mind I do not know. The Lord spoke to me and said “My son you have never made a public confession to me”. We meet at a friend’s home to go to Crusade and overnight stay at Church and I told her what happened she said I can pray now and have Jesus in my Heart. I said no, I have to do it in front of people. We went to the Crusade and after Rev Cruz talked about Jesus; I responded to his request for people to come forward and accept Jesus as Lord.

Note - you do not have to hear a voice to be saved,  just respond to the Question do you have the assurance of going to heaven.



No comments:

Post a Comment