Sunday, March 14, 2010

Thinking about lent

Thinking about lent

When I think about lent. I find myself reflecting on several issues as I have tried to address in this blog looking at the condition of my heart. Asking for the Holy Spirit to bring me to a place of brokenness for the season. True brokenness only comes as we allow both the word of God and His spirit to bring completely dependent upon God in our relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord. Alot of times we do not like to be confrented with issues that the Holy Spirit brings to our attentiion. Yet it is these issues that we need to confrented with and confess as sin. Applying Gods word to them and letting Him Change us. As other's have said before us “prayer does not change the heart of God, nor His promises towards us. Prayer changes our heart before Him”.

1 John 1:9 NRSV If we confess our sins, he who is faithful and just will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness

No comments:

Post a Comment