Saturday, January 2, 2010

Being in the right place.

I have been reading Jeremiah chapter’s 29 to the end of the book. As I have been praying for the New Year I keep seeing a similarity between what God was saying to Israel and what the Lord is saying to us today.

Allot of what we are facing is seasonal, yet Jeremiah is a good metaphor for us today. With Babylon attacking Israel, God was saying too them, I am with you, God will defend us, we will return to the Land. This happened because the Children of Israel was not taught how to hear and obey our Father’s word and the leadership did not respect it as well. Take a look at when Jeholakim burned the scroll see how disrespectfull He was. It was this lack of repentance and disrespect for God's word that brought judgment upon Israel. The basic element was Israel going too Babylon instead of Egypt, God using Babylon too protect Israel.  As Israel would be in Babylon for 70 years  giving the land of Israel rest, with Israel returning to the land.

This typology is interesting because of all the life issues we are facing, I seem to be dealing the same issues. God is saying, I am with you, He will defend us, we will return to the land (all the promises of God can be applyed to our lives today). Yet due too life presures we are not wanting to acknowledge His word and promises too our lives. It is this lack of trust  that appears to have puts us in a place we do not need to be in.

John 16:33 MSG I’ve told you all this so that trusting me, you will be unshakable and assured, deeply at peace. In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I've conquered the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment